Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Awesome planted aquariums!!  (Read 2586 times)
little_ocean_treasures

View Profile
« on: January 17, 2014, 12:18:11 am »

These are not my tanks (really wish they were) but I saw them posted on Facebook today and just HAD to share. They are so unique and stunningly beautiful! I just LOVE the artistic aspect of these. Now I want to do a planted aquarium...I've never done one before.

40 breeder (air tank), Biocube 14 (mixed reef and macroalgae), Biocube 14 (temporary tank), Biocube 29 HQI (mixed reef), 5 gallon rimless mixed reef (corals only, no fish)
little_ocean_treasures

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 12:20:51 am »

Here's the page link if you want to check them all out.

http://sploid.gizmodo.com/these-landscapes-are-actually-aquariums-1502142165

40 breeder (air tank), Biocube 14 (mixed reef and macroalgae), Biocube 14 (temporary tank), Biocube 29 HQI (mixed reef), 5 gallon rimless mixed reef (corals only, no fish)
mrhaglund

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 09:13:01 am »

I've done planted tanks before and they've never looked anything close to that and I still remember how much more work they can be, more than a reef tank! I've looked thru a hundred or so photos of tanks similar to the ones you posted and I think they all have one thing in common...THEIR AQUARIST DOSEN'T HAVE A JOB!!!!!  Cheesy

Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
little_ocean_treasures

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 10:29:04 am »

lol, I figured they weren't easy. But still really cool indeed.

Tamberav

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 11:15:15 am »

Those people are artists! Those look cool but I like even simplistic planted tanks too.
Pumbooris

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 11:25:36 am »

Jeeez that bottom one doesnt even look like a tank I keep looking in the "trees" for a deer stand or something
mpedersen
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 03:00:59 am »

One of the things people need to remember is that MOST of these tanks are NOT set up as long term projects.  They are set up, seeded to plan and grow in over the course of a few months, be photographed, and are then torn down to rebuild another new project, at least that is exactly what I've been told by the people who oversee at least one international aquascaping contest.  It works because plants grow fast...imagine if that's how we treated our reef tanks?!

You only need to raise one...

little_ocean_treasures

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 12:50:36 am »

Wow, yeah it would be rough on them for sure if we treated our reef tanks as such. But being I'm an artist, I have often thought what I could artistically create with my reef aquarium. It's the artist in me "drawn" (pun pun) to the unusual aquariums like this. I LOVE to create!!

GoingPostal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 05:14:32 pm »

I like high end planted tanks but not really into making them look like land, it's impressive don't get me wrong but not appealing to me.  I've also heard most of the photo worthy ones aren't long term like that at all. 
Captain Stompert

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2017, 03:13:37 pm »

Those are AMAZING!!!!

I'm looking at starting a 55gal and want to plant it with Dwarf Baby Tears as a carpet. I'm planning a CO2 injection, anyone familiar with any pointers to share?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Valid XHTML 1.0! Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC
Beyaz inci: deruni
Valid CSS!