Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: CORALs you want to frag in February (2012)  (Read 8541 times)
mpedersen
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 24, 2012, 07:51:20 pm »

So, as I continue to try to find a source for corals for our fragging workshop, I'm asking you - what types of corals do you want to see demos on?  I'd suggest keeping it to the genus level, but if there's some specific kind, it doesn't hurt to ask.

Matt

You only need to raise one...

Pumbooris

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 07:57:34 pm »

i wanna learn how to do zoas well with out butchering the entire colony, maybe some SPS of some sort, maybe Gorgonian
mrbigshot

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 09:47:54 pm »

matt ive ordered from this guy before and id recommend him if you looking for some cheap corals to frag.

mrhaglund

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 12:10:19 am »

I plan on attending this meeting but with unpredictable weather I don't want you guys to rely on me too heavy.  With that being said, what do we need for the meeting?  Dose anyone have a band saw? My friend Josh, who I was selling corals with in Bemidji, might let me use his.  I'll ask unless one of you guys own one? I don't think we need two. Let me know.

Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
GoingPostal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 12:15:55 am »

Acans, I was going to frag my hillae for the swap but James didn't think our little dremel would make it through. 
mpedersen
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 12:50:19 am »

All good suggestions - keep 'em coming.  Band Saw - let's wait and see for the moment.  I'm working on tools.  Brad volunteered to bring eye protection and globes.

NAME YOUR CORALS.  I think I have a good line on corals if it all works out. 

How much do you guys feel is a worthwhile investment in corals to cut for this workshop?  How much club money do you think I should put towards this project (keep in mind, the end goal is that everyone leaves with at least one frag, and we make enough frags that we can raise money at the $5-$10 per frag range)?  It seems on average we can raise $300-400 at a swap, and we have two on the horizon.

Matt H. - if you make it, would love to have you do some demos yourself too!  There's no right or wrong way here, so we can have lots of fun cutting up corals and learning along the way!

Pumbooris

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 12:58:00 am »

All good suggestions - keep 'em coming.  Band Saw - let's wait and see for the moment.  I'm working on tools.  Brad volunteered to bring eye protection and globes.

NAME YOUR CORALS.  I think I have a good line on corals if it all works out. 

How much do you guys feel is a worthwhile investment in corals to cut for this workshop?  How much club money do you think I should put towards this project (keep in mind, the end goal is that everyone leaves with at least one frag, and we make enough frags that we can raise money at the $5-$10 per frag range)?  It seems on average we can raise $300-400 at a swap, and we have two on the horizon.

Matt H. - if you make it, would love to have you do some demos yourself too!  There's no right or wrong way here, so we can have lots of fun cutting up corals and learning along the way!
maybe do the cutting of the 40 gal breeder Cheesy
GoingPostal

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 09:50:13 am »

Brad volunteered to bring eye protection and globes.

Are we learning where all the corals come from too?   Grin  I'm no good at geography. 
mpedersen
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 10:56:48 am »

Oh, you mean Matt's cut-down take-off-the-rim job?

mpedersen
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 10:57:13 am »

Brad volunteered to bring eye protection and globes.

Are we learning where all the corals come from too?   Grin  I'm no good at geography. 

GLOVES!

brad

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 05:12:18 pm »

Favia, Acans Just a couple off the top of my head.
Pumbooris

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 09:11:13 pm »

yep that one! how about some cyphastrea that would be nice to learn how to do since i have some that is growing nicely  Grin
mrhaglund

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2012, 11:27:00 pm »

yep that one! how about some cyphastrea that would be nice to learn how to do since i have some that is growing nicely  Grin
Ha, Ha you two! If anyone wants me to frag their tank let me know ahead of time and I will bring the stuff.  If I accidently break it and you get mad at me, well, I'll know where we stand.  Remember, if I frag your tank, you still only have one tank, or maybe 0! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Let me know.
P.S.  Brad, I'm Going to need those safety glasses for this one but you can leave the globe at home.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 11:34:29 pm by mrhaglund » Logged

Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
blennieluvr

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2012, 12:00:02 am »

I've got a duncan that could be fragged although, I'm not totally sure I'm going to be able to make it yet.  Where will all the ones for the club be stored? 
mrhaglund

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2012, 12:11:25 am »

I've got a duncan that could be fragged although, I'm not totally sure I'm going to be able to make it yet.  Where will all the ones for the club be stored? 
  We're Going to cyrofreeze them and keep them in Matt P's Freezer since it is the biggest!  How do you think corals made it thru the ice age?  Mdoty has been working on the technique for us.
Ok, last joke of the night from this guy, I promise. Wink

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Valid XHTML 1.0! Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC
Beyaz inci: deruni
Valid CSS!