Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: random photos  (Read 6513 times)
Tamberav

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2016, 11:43:45 pm »

I had a lot of disasters this year. Equipment failure, algae, huge killer flukes, life got busy and got behind on water changes/maintenance. I decided to fight back these last few months and added a fresh clean up crew, updated some of the equipment, removed the sand bed, and many water changes, sump cleaning, ect.

The tanks are finally behaving themselves and everything is visibly growing. Throwing up a few photos before the tanks catch on fire or something crazy.... Tongue

40 Breeder:

20g NPS AIO:

6g AIO with 2 clownfish and 5 greenbanded gobies. This tank is young, was set up in November. I have had the rock for 5 years though which helps. My cat knocked the light in the water making the corals angry and breaking the SPS but its recovering.

Can see 3 of the 5 greenbanded gobies. They all sleep together and no fighting yet. Not sure if the peace will last or not.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 12:07:28 pm by Tamberav » Logged
mpedersen
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 03:27:13 am »

BOOO...why are none of the photos actually showing up?!

You only need to raise one...

Tamberav

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 12:07:42 pm »

BOOO...why are none of the photos actually showing up?!

hmmm.. I think I fixed it now.
MDoty

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 01:54:07 pm »

Good looking tanks!

GoingPostal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 04:19:35 pm »

Yay pics!  Looking nice, love the new little setup. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GoingPostal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 06:14:05 pm »

What kind of fish is that in the second pic?  And what are the big black polyps in the nps tank? 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tamberav

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 12:36:38 am »

What kind of fish is that in the second pic?  And what are the big black polyps in the nps tank? 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The fish is a Pictus Blenny (Ecsenius pictus) and the big polyps are the Reef Gen Cherry Actinia Anemone's. I got them at last years xmas party I think.
mpedersen
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2016, 10:15:18 am »

Really, the turned black on you? Or is that just the photo lighting?  Where did you pick up the Pictus Blenny?!

You only need to raise one...

Tamberav

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2016, 12:20:46 pm »

Really, the turned black on you? Or is that just the photo lighting?  Where did you pick up the Pictus Blenny?!

They are a maroon color. Diver's den has gotten a big shipment of pictus blennys recently. There is one on there right now.
eel-byte

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2016, 03:23:16 pm »

Looks good. Planning on staying with a bare bottom?
GoingPostal

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2016, 04:31:08 pm »

Aaah I saw that one on DD last night and thought-that's the fish lol!  Cute little guy. 
blennieluvr

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2016, 11:37:53 am »

Funny, I just put a pictus blenny on my wish list.  I miss my starry but am thinking of stocking my old angler tank with a handful of blennies/gobies and thought a starry might get pushy with smaller fish.  (Open to suggestions on fish choices.  The only fish currently is a Ruby red.)

Glad you overcame the obstacles and holding my breath with you that you are over the hump. 

It's nice to see the nem from last year party is still doing well!  How's the temperate tank doing?
Tamberav

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2016, 08:43:22 pm »

Looks good. Planning on staying with a bare bottom?

I'm not sure. I love the look of sand but its kind of a pain to maintain. I had a sand bed in there but it was too fine and the pumps were moving it around, you can still see some left over. I have been siphoning it out each water change. The tank is certainly cleaner without a sand bed. I have access to the bottom of the tank since it is on a metal stand so I think I will end up painting something and attaching it to the bottom of the glass to make it look like sand.

The underside of my sump is spray painted with a stone/sand looking paint and it looks better than just bare bottom I think.
Tamberav

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2016, 08:45:17 pm »

Funny, I just put a pictus blenny on my wish list.  I miss my starry but am thinking of stocking my old angler tank with a handful of blennies/gobies and thought a starry might get pushy with smaller fish.  (Open to suggestions on fish choices.  The only fish currently is a Ruby red.)

Glad you overcame the obstacles and holding my breath with you that you are over the hump. 

It's nice to see the nem from last year party is still doing well!  How's the temperate tank doing?

Temperate is doing well, I am trying to work out how to hook up my spare chiller as a backup. Sometimes the fuse goes on the main one and I'm worried one day it might go when I am away from home over a weekend or something.
Tamberav

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2016, 08:45:54 pm »

I also have a simple freshwater.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Valid XHTML 1.0! Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC
Beyaz inci: deruni
Valid CSS!