Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: random photos  (Read 2262 times)
MDoty

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2016, 02:15:15 pm »

Thats as nice as a reef! very good looking. I might have to steel this idea and toss some of my pathos into my goldfish tank in the basement. I wonder how well they would do outside in the summer?

eel-byte

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2016, 05:50:58 pm »

Looks good. Planning on staying with a bare bottom?

I'm not sure. I love the look of sand but its kind of a pain to maintain. I had a sand bed in there but it was too fine and the pumps were moving it around, you can still see some left over. I have been siphoning it out each water change. The tank is certainly cleaner without a sand bed. I have access to the bottom of the tank since it is on a metal stand so I think I will end up painting something and attaching it to the bottom of the glass to make it look like sand.

The underside of my sump is spray painted with a stone/sand looking paint and it looks better than just bare bottom I think.

I really love the tanks with sand, more natural looking. But I have to admit I will probably go with a bare bottom when I redo my tank. Maybe epoxy sand around the base of the rock and do a colored bottom like you are thinking.

mpedersen
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2016, 01:37:11 am »

I got to see all of Tana's tanks tonight in person and they are AWESOME!!!

You only need to raise one...

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Valid XHTML 1.0! Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC
Beyaz inci: deruni
Valid CSS!