Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Official - 2014/2015 Winter Party - Feb 7, 2015 - Woodland  (Read 6816 times)
mpedersen
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 14, 2015, 10:46:20 pm »

This year's Holiday party is really pushed back from the holidays...it's a downright winter party at this point!  This year, Mike and Paige Doty have graciously volunteered to open their home in Woodland to us (it's about 4 blocks away from my home in Woodland).

We've foregone a speaker this year...we had one lined up, but then he got invited to go on a trip with the aquarium industry in Brazil.  So...we'll spend all that money on goodies for everyone who comes. As usual, the event is for active club participants past and present; generally speaking first timers should check with the host before planning to attend.  For location specifics, send MDoty a private message (or he'll post it here if he wants it public!). Here's what we have lined up:

Location - Mike & Paige Doty's home in Woodland, Duluth, MN
Date - Saturday, February 7th, 2015
Time - 3 PM to "whenever" - basically, until Mike and Paige get sick of us and kick us out!

Festivities include:
3rd Annual Chili & Cornbread Cookoff - This is the big one - winners get extra raffle tickets and trophies! Please RSVP if you're bringing a chili and/or cornbread entry. If you're not bringing either, please ask Mike what he'd like you to bring (eg. he might want you to bring some beverages or something)

Trivia Challenge for Raffle Tickets - Our hilarious trivia raffle returns - questions will be pulled from aquarium media such as Reef Builders, Reef2Rainforest.com, CORAL Magazine, and various books.  The more you get right, the more tickets you earn for the raffles

Raffles - Our CORAL raffle was so well received we're going to do it again and we're putting all our "speaker funds" into it, so you'll have your choice of getting in on coral frags and/or a secret grand prize. Those of you who contributed corals and other items for our fund raising efforts in 2014, as usual, you'll get your first choice on the coral of your choice.  

And remember, you MUST RSVP here for the event. Those who didn't RSVP last year learned that the RSVP made all the difference (in terms of raffle tickets at the door!)

« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 11:17:11 am by mpedersen » Logged

You only need to raise one...

little_ocean_treasures

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 11:32:09 pm »

We'll be there...just a little late is all.  Wink Again, hoping that 6:30 is not too late to even bother. lol Might have to skip the cookoff but I'd hate missing seeing everyone. Also, I have TONS of little plastic pipettes to give away if anyone needs them. Bought a ton off Amazon a while back and I'll never use all 100. lol Can't wait to see everyone again.  Grin

40 breeder (air tank), Biocube 14 (mixed reef and macroalgae), Biocube 14 (temporary tank), Biocube 29 HQI (mixed reef), 5 gallon rimless mixed reef (corals only, no fish)
Tamberav

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 02:46:23 am »

I thought I couldn't make this but I think I actually will be able to! May be a little rushed and tired though  Shocked

I'll try cornbread
MDoty

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 04:28:29 am »

Super excited for this! So far both of you have been here but if you need an address let me know. I use a lot of those pipettes so if you need a home for some ill take em.

blennieluvr

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 04:41:06 pm »

I'm in.  Mike, I can't wait to see your fish room.  Smiley  I will make chili too.  I'm almost bored with my tank lately so this is really good timing for me!  I need a boost!  I'm not sure yet...might be coming alone.  Maybe Tiffany and I could ride share somehow..... 
Pumbooris

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 10:02:36 pm »

I will be there.
mpedersen
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 02:36:11 am »

It almost goes without mentioning that I will be there and I will be bringing a chili. Maybe a cornbread too if I have time.

MDoty

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2015, 04:48:56 am »

It almost goes without mentioning that I will be there and I will be bringing a chili. Maybe a cornbread too if I have time.
If Matt is going then I'm going! Grin

GoingPostal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2015, 06:55:42 pm »

Id like to come but not sure if I can make it or not, hopefully will have more of an idea in a week or so. 
frank

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2015, 08:44:39 pm »

I will be there Mike , I will be brinnig a corn bread and posibly a white chilli
mpedersen
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2015, 09:09:32 pm »

I should note, I just sent out the order for this year's Chili and Cornbread trophies!  I'll definitely bring a chili, might do a cornbread as well.

blennieluvr

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2015, 10:24:31 pm »

I might bring cornbread too.  Twice the chance of winning?  LOL

My hubby, Jason, said he'd come along again to keep me company on the trip so please mark me down for plus one.
little_ocean_treasures

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2015, 12:40:40 am »

Looks like I'll be able to show up on time at 3 instead of later. My hubby still works till 6 but my mom wanted to go (since I don't drive ;P) so I checked with Mike and he okayed it.   Cheesy Yay!! I'll be bringing chili this time...my first time bringing chili. And I'll bring cornbread again. So excited to be able to go on time and not miss any of it.  Grin

Quick question. Does anybody have any extra cool macroalgae they'd like to maybe trade for a few new plastic pipettes that I'll be bringing? I'm looking to add more to my now 4 year old tank that has both corals AND macroalgae. I'm kind of going for a wild/natural look in that tank since that's the direction it decided to take. So why fight it? I decided instead to just have fun with it. I also have tons of little collonista snails I could bring to trade for decorative macro.  Wink

40 breeder (air tank), Biocube 14 (mixed reef and macroalgae), Biocube 14 (temporary tank), Biocube 29 HQI (mixed reef), 5 gallon rimless mixed reef (corals only, no fish)
mpedersen
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2015, 01:07:27 am »

Do you have Caulerpa prolifera? If not, I can bring you a sprig!

little_ocean_treasures

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2015, 09:45:25 am »

Do you have Caulerpa prolifera? If not, I can bring you a sprig!

No I don't. I'd love a sprig. Thank you. Would you like anything in trade for it?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Valid XHTML 1.0! Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC
Beyaz inci: deruni
Valid CSS!